The HR Generalist will be a key member of our growing team and will be a liaison between the executive team and the rest of the staff. This role will research, analyze, and recommend improvements to the organization’s business processes in order to improve overall performance. This role will also perform a wide range of administrative office, human resources, finance and support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. Process documentation is highly independent work yet is responsible for the entire Operations function of our organization, so you must possess an end-to-end owner mentality and be able to deliver results in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent organizational skills, demonstrate the ability to expand and take initiative on strategic direction, demonstrate the ability to plan, give attention to detail, be flexible and prioritize workload and multi-task in a changing environment. As a new position for the company, the person hired for this role will have the unique opportunity to work directly with the Executive leadership to develop the role to best support company growth initiatives/goals, while also reaching your personal, professional, and financial goals!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our mission is to empower a lifetime of memories, bringing pet health solutions that impact our community. We provide owners with the education they need in order to make a fully informed decision about their pets health care. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the results and success they deserve. Our core values are the backbone of our business and guide our hiring process: we create impact, have discipline, are accountable, in alignment, results oriented and inspirational. Our team holds tremendous value and an integral part of creating an environment of success and wins from the clients and patients.
We help our team members achieve success in their roles and beyond through the development of their personal, professional, and financial goals - making it a top priority to support our team’s development potential.
- Develop functional and process expertise to create and streamline SOPs in a timely manner
- Leverage technology to enable process efficiency, data analysis and process capability.
- Participate in recruitment and hiring process (job postings, interview process, candidate scorecards, offers of employment)
- Oversee new team-member onboardings (i.e., processing and filing new-hire paperwork, hosting orientation, 30 day check ins, benefits enrollment, etc.)
- Manage HR projects such as, but not limited to, process and policy creation, company communications, and working to help implement Human Resource Processes
- Maintain financial records, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries. Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial data
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Reconcile bank statements to internal records to ensure consistency and identify any discrepancies.
- Performance reviews
- KPI compliance and quarterly distribution
- Departments are in alignment with budget
- Oversee financial aspect of projects that are approved by leadership
- Monitor and maintain inventory of uniforms and team supplies; order as needed to keep basic items stocked, and to fulfill special requests from staff
- In partnership with sales and operations, continually look for ways to evolve and improve operational efficiency of systems and processes impacting staff and business operations
- Maintain responsibility for general office upkeep and “look and feel.” This includes keeping kitchen and supply areas stocked, clean and functional.
- Provide event support and planning, including retreats, meetings, staff events. This includes logistical research and planning, day-of support, and invoice/billing management
- Support other functional areas and members of the organization’s leadership team with special projects as needed
- Maintain professional relationships with the owner, operations, and sales departments
- Manage organizational communication, scheduling and logistics for key internal events such as staff meetings
- Robust and proven business acumen
- Ability to identify and accurately document complex processes and visually show how they relate so that team members can understand them, use them, and be held accountable to fulfilling them
- Must have the ability to deal with different personalities, cooperate with other team members and work under pressure
- Proven ability to juggle multiple internal projects at a time, while maintaining razor-sharp attention to detail
- The ideal candidate possesses program and cross-functional management skills; they are analytical, resourceful, customer-focused and team oriented, with clear communication skills
- Experience in change management and driving adoption of tools and processes
- Experience in process improvement
- A self-starter with a high degree of energy and careful attention to detail; strong sense of initiative and a process-improvement mindset
- Excellent computer skills; proficient or advanced skill in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and experience with data management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or related field (Preferred)
- SHRM certified professional, or related certification (Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years Executive Support or Office Administration (Preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to spend prolonged periods of time standing, sitting, or walking
- Must be able to lift at least 25lbs
- Travel Required: Up to 15% for Continuing Education & Training
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential requirements
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce, Maricamp Animal Hospital recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates and partners.