CRISTO REY TAMPA SALESIAN HIGH SCHOOL
Job Title: Director of Finance
Reports To: President
FTE/Classification: Full-time, exempt
Cristo Rey Tampa Salesian High School is a Catholic, college-preparatory school and work study program serving students from families of limited economic means. Opened in 2016, it is a part of the national Cristo Rey Network of schools. To learn more about the school and our mission, visit www.cristoreytampa.orgResponsibilities
- Manage all financial aspects of Cristo Rey Tampa Salesian High School, and specifically responsible for the following duties as they relate to both Cristo Rey Tampa Salesian High School and Cristo Rey Tampa Work Study, Inc., ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the President, administers and reviews all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting; ensure that the operation income, billing, and collection schedule is adhered to, and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Manage the investment strategy, banking relationships, and capital acquisitions. Foster close, professional, and advantageous relations with bank service providers on behalf of the school. Review existing relationships on a regular basis and make recommended changes, as necessary.
- Review all monthly reconciliations and transactions performed by the school leadership team. Post necessary month/year-end journal entries. Prepare monthly financial reporting package and accompanying narrative. Present financial performance at quarterly finance committee meeting.
- Work with Leadership Team and President to draft annual budget for presentation and approval by the Board. Communicate potential issues with Leadership Team as appropriate. Develop and produce regular monthly management reports in a timely manner for use by the Leadership Team. Assist Leadership team in analyzing financial data.
- Prepare and present (when asked by the President) all regular and ad hoc financial reports for use by the Board and subcommittees, including quarterly and year-end
financial statements. 8. Hire and manage finance staff as the school continues to grow.
Required Skills And Competencies
- Organize and implement the accounts payable process, including setting up new vendors, ensuring timely payment of invoices, and managing the cash flow process.
- Manage the billing and collection of the family contribution, including ensuring accurate billing and timely payment.
- Manage and implement the billing and collection of Corporate Work Study receivables.
- Oversee the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (Step Up for Students) process, including managing the quarterly check endorsement process, monitoring the enrollment of new students for the subsequent school year, and managing the annual Agreed Upon Procedures.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual. Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the finance committee & Board of Directors through the President.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; alongside the Director of Development, collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting. Provide customized budget and actual reports for the Development Office as needed for grants and other charitable foundations or donors.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, collaborate with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary. Negotiate accounting services on behalf of Cristo Rey and review the performance of the school’s outside accountant against appropriate standards to ensure quality and cost-effective results. Distribute and communicate findings of audit with Leadership Team, Board, and other appropriate, vested entities such as donor foundations
- Manage all aspects of internal controls ensuring that policies, procedures, and implementation meet the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles of Not-For Profit 501 (c) 3 religious organizations.
- Coordinate employee payroll, including employee benefits, new hires, employee departures, time off, and correlated state and federal reporting, filing and payment of taxes.
- Assist the Director of Operations on:
- the financial oversight of food services (breakfast and lunch) for students and reimbursement through government programs.
- working closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors, contractors, and consultants. Prepare RFPs as needed to analyze new vendor options.
- the annual review of insurance needs of the organization.
- managing the financial aspects of the E-rate process.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the President.
- Minimum of a B.A.
- A minimum of 5 years of overall professional experience.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination.
- Proficient in the online version of QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem- solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
If you have the requested background and a passion for the mission of this school, we invite you to apply. Apply online at https://www.dosp.org/schools-office/position-openings-2/ through the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Please include a current resume, cover letter expressing interest, two current professional references, and one personal reference.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits are included in the overall compensation package. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a Level II Background Screening.
Cristo Rey Tampa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the hiring of this position.