GovSpend provides detailed federal, state, and local government purchasing data, bids, contacts, and contract information to a wide array of government vendors. We serve nearly 4,500 clients ranging from large enterprise customers to small regional vendors.
GovSpend helps our clients navigate the government selling landscape by providing them with invaluable information to better inform their bids and ultimately win more business. Our core product offering is line-item state and local government procurement and spending data, which is unique to the market and was the only solution we sold until 2018. In recent years, we have added new products including federal data via our acquisition of Fedmine, bid notifications to alert vendors of new formal spending opportunities, and detailed contact information.
In this role, you will be responsible for not just recruiting top technical talent but also managing various aspects of human resources, including onboarding and training.
What you’ll do:
- Own the day-to-day recruiting activities for all open positions. This includes job description development, job postings, prescreens, interview scheduling, etc.
- Own our hiring process from beginning to end; this includes sourcing, interviewing, evaluation, and offer negotiation.
- Deliver a best-in-class experience to candidates and hiring managers.
- Partner with department heads to understand and manage their talent acquisition needs and consistently deliver top talent.
- Utilize creative recruiting strategies that contribute to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques to be competitive in current recruiting practices.
- Participate in various Talent projects and initiatives to support GovSpend’s long-term growth and success (e.g. university recruitment, career fairs, compensation analysis, etc.).
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with vendors, including placement agencies, as a source to generate qualified applicants on an as-needed basis.
- Track all HR statistics: turnover, applicants, new hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Conduct internal training programs as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule new hire training sessions with department heads.
- Create and distribute various training materials as needed.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluating training program effectiveness based on feedback to ensure participants are absorbing the content and able to apply it.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each department.
- Coordinate the day-to-day tactical responsibilities of the functional area and remove roadblocks for department employees.
- Other job duties as assigned to meet the business needs.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related area. Proven work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years of experience working in people-related fields, including People Partner, HR Generalist, Recruiter, Trainer, or similar role.
- Knowledge of HR policy and experience with HRIS systems.
- Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, and other major job sites.
- Knowledge of employment laws and other government compliance regulations.
- Ability to communicate with professionalism in both a written and verbal format.
- Must be able to work well in a team and individually, having the ability to prioritize workload appropriately to ensure timely completion of all job duties with accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to retain knowledge, and follow directions.
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Analytical thinking skills and the ability to use discretion when making decisions.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies and procedures.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite applications.