Valuetainment is a dynamic and rapidly growing media company focused on entrepreneurship, personal development, and business education. Our mission is to empower individuals and businesses with the knowledge, skills, and mindset necessary to achieve their goals and create lasting success. As a leading provider of educational content, Valuetainment aims to inspire, educate, and entertain its audience through various media channels.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Vice President of Finance to join our executive team. The VP of Finance will play a critical role in managing the financial operations of Valuetainment, ensuring the company's financial health, and driving strategic financial planning and decision-making. This individual will have the opportunity to contribute to the overall growth and success of the organization by providing financial leadership and implementing effective financial strategies.
- Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting:
- Develop and oversee the financial planning process, including budgeting, forecasting, and long-term financial projections.
- Analyze financial data, identify trends, and provide insights and recommendations to drive business performance and growth.
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly (in conjunction with external accounting firm) and financial reports, including departmental budgets with variance analysis, income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Collaborate with the executive team in the delivery of financial reports and ensure performance is aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls and financial systems to safeguard company assets.
- Cash Flow Management:
- Coordinate with banking partners and oversee banking relationships, including credit facilities and debt financing.
- Accounting Operations and Controls:
- Supervise day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense report management.
- Migrate payroll from HR to Finance department before the end of 2023.
- Evaluate and enhance financial systems and technologies to support the company's growth objectives.
- Strategic Decision Support:
- Provide financial insights and guidance to the executive team, supporting strategic decision-making and project planning/greenlight decisions.
- Assess the financial impact of new business ventures and assess risk-return trade-offs.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; MBA or CPA preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in a leadership position in finance and accounting management, with a track record of success in progressively responsible roles.
- Strong knowledge of financial planning, accounting, and reporting.
- Extensive experience in business modeling, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Deep understanding of accounting principles, tax regulations, and controls.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership qualities, with a proven ability to manage and develop lean teams (start-up or early-stage experience desired).
- Proficiency in ERP systems (QuickBooks Online, NetSuite or similar) and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Passion for entrepreneurship, personal development, and ongoing education.
Joining Valuetainment as the Vice President of Finance offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing organization that makes a meaningful impact on individuals and businesses worldwide. If you have a strong finance background, a passion for entrepreneurship, and the drive to lead financial strategies in a dynamic environment, we invite you to apply and be a part of our extraordinary team.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Valuetainment channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/valuetainment
This is an in-office position. We are not offering remote. Our office is located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Valuetainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.