Human Resources & Talent Manager
Department: Human Resources
Direct Report: Head of Talent
Title: Human Resources & Talent Manager
Level: Sr. Manager or Associate Director Level
GlueIQ is the brainchild of our collective obsession with Creativity, Culture, and Tech. We understand that complex problems are best solved collaboratively, and it was time for a creative consultancy model that could foster those critical connections between people, process, and tools that drive meaningful growth for our clients
You are an employee advocate, a business partner, an HR champion. You can walk the fine line between trusted employee advocate and strategic business partner. You will be our onsite HR lead in the GlueIQ office, and have extensive knowledge of the Human Resources field – from compliance, legal, to current events impacting the discipline. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, independent thinker, and thought leader. This key position will be a driver of culture for GlueIQ, providing strategic direction to senior management that builds on the organization’s success and accelerates the achievement of a more highly competent, diverse, well-trained, and effective workforce. You contribute to all aspects of human resources programs and processes, including employee relations, recruiting, performance management, training and development, diversity initiatives, organizational change, and ensuring legal compliance.
- Coach and counsel managers and employees to resolve employee relations issues.
- Participate in employee investigations as needed; document issues and consult with Employment Legal Team (as needed) to identify recommendations and avoid costly litigation.
- Work to maintain and expand positive employee relations with employees.
- Steward of GlueIQ employment policies; local and federal laws.
- Develop and implement retention/morale-building programs.
- Ensure workforce is diverse and inclusive; establish and maintain and work environment that is fair and civil.
- Partner with Senior Management to establish strategic talent development programs to meet organizational objective.
- Provide input on Human Resources solutions to business problems and strategies and contribute to measurable results on time and within budget.
- Work closely with management to identify and suggest solutions on how to improve agency, departmental and team morale.
- Facilitate communications throughout the organization including employee engagement surveys and regular consistent communication methods to ensure transparency and openness.
- Identify organizational improvement needs, determine methods, and implement programs that are responsive to both individual and departmental needs.
- Collaborate as key member of senior management team to develop, reinforce and maintain key organizational programs.
- Review financial implications of hires with management team.
- Partner with recruitment team to develop recruitment strategy and define procedures for interviewing and hiring.
- Communicate with department managers to clarify recruitment needs.
- Ensure adequate staffing of all positions.
- Provide reporting to senior and global management as requested.
Performance Management/Employee Development
- Develop processes and programs to improve organizational capability in areas of goal alignment, performance management & accountability, leadership & career development.
- Work with department leads to identify required competencies to meet expectations of any given position.
- Identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps to develop and implement targeted programs that address these gaps.
- Coordinate learning and development initiatives.
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Advertising Agency or Professional Services Experience Preferred
- Minimum of a BS or related degree preferably in Organizational Development and Human Resources
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail oriented
- Self-motivator takes initiative to resolve situations and improve departmental processes.
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiating skills, especially in dealing with sensitive and/or controversial issues.
- Glue-IQ pays 100% of Health plan premium (health, dental, vision)
- Remote or Hybrid working environment, depending on location
- 401k Profit-Sharing Plan
- Client-specific benefits and perks
- Office is the heart of Coconut Grove