Director of Retail/ Personal Shopping Division, Bal Harbour Shops
As the Director of Luxury Personal Shopping at BHS, your mission is to cultivate an unparalleled shopping experience for our esteemed clientele. Ideate and execute strategies to drive sales and identify potential opportunities to grow the division. Your role is instrumental in developing and leading the agreed protocol for working with BHS tenants/brands in pulling luxury merchandise, coordinating purchase, or return of merch to provide exceptional customer experience. Operate and supervise BHS Personal Shoppers’ customer relations to foster and retain VIP clients. Support BHS ACCESS Membership Rewards program, the Commerce division and destination Pop-ups by elevating the customer experience.
Key Position Attributes
- Spearhead the growth of Bal Harbour Shops' Personal Shopping division by creating and executing strategies to drive sales and identify untapped opportunities to reach local, national and global clients.
- Oversee and mentor our team of BHS Personal Shoppers to foster and retaining VIP clients by delivering exceptional personalized service.
- Review and report on weekly and monthly performance KPIs to identify additional learning opportunities along with business deep dives based on sales and KPI performance.
- Review KPI’s post activations and track relationships to identify which programs meet business goals.
- Build strong, ongoing relationships with tenants/brands to expedite access to exclusives, special collections, and coveted brand event. Stay on top of the fashion news to be ahead of the trends.
- Elevate the customer experience across BHS's ACCESS Membership Rewards program, Commerce division, and destination Pop-ups to create memorable and rewarding interactions.
- Champion a client-centric and service focused mindset across all consumer facing divisions.
- Develop a program to promote personal shopping within BHS’s commerce division and ACCESS Membership.
- Collaborate closely with counterparts from the ACCESS Membership and Rewards program to ensure a seamless and consistent client experience across all touch points.
- Partner with BHS ACCESS Membership & Rewards program to identify and recommend incentive programs to reinforce behaviors, to increase market share and engender customer loyalty.
- Create a network of personal shoppers that can service Pop-up markets and service BHS personal shopping customers during and post Pop-up.
- Coordinate exclusive travel shopping experiences for clients, whether it be at international luxury fashion events or private showrooms, providing a memorable and personalized journey.
- Become an ambassador of the brand and destination.
- Minimum 10 years of Retail Management experience with at least 6-8 years in a luxury lifestyle retail environment.
- Strong management experience within luxury sales or online retail.
- Extensive client book of luxury shoppers.
- Strong business acumen and skillset which enables the management and staff to drive business goals.
- Ability to guide individuals toward goal achievement using inspiration, negotiation, teamwork/collaboration, motivation and talent/leadership development skills, including the ability to lead dynamic teams
- Outstanding and flexible verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the public
- Technologically savvy and proficient Microsoft Office programs. Has an aptitude to learn and embrace new systems solutions.
- Must possess exceptional leadership skills with the ability to train and lead others and hold them accountable for results.
- Proven expertise and a successful track record in luxury personal shopping, including a strong client book of luxury shoppers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team of Personal Shoppers, fostering a culture of excellence and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Extensive experience in driving sales, developing strategies for revenue growth, and identifying opportunities for expanding the personal shopping division.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to collaborate effectively with brand partners, tenants, and cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in developing programs to promote and enhance personal shopping services within the retail organization, aligning them with loyalty and rewards initiatives.
- The ability to think strategically, analyze data, and make data-driven decisions to achieve business objectives and growth targets.
- Proficiency in budget planning and management, ensuring efficient allocation of resources to drive business growth and profitability.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, Fashion, Retail Management, or a related field is typically preferred.
Bal Harbour Shops Mission
Our mission is to create unique, meaningful experiences and special places that endure. We strive for strong relationships with our customers and retailers, empower our associates with a sense of ownership, respect our heritage, and focus unrelentingly on the long term.
About Bal Harbour Shops
Opened in 1965 by retail visionary Stanley Whitman, the family-owned Bal Harbour Shops was the first all- luxury fashion center in America featuring high-end retailers in a tropical, open-air setting. The first to make lush landscaping a key part of the design, Bal Harbour Shops features tropical plants and orchids, waterfall features and koi ponds and a variety of palm trees for shade. Bal Harbour Shops is uniquely positioned across from the Atlantic Ocean offering a serene visual aesthetic like no other luxury shopping destination. The historic Bal Harbour Shops, known for its curated retail as well as the emotional connection to its tenants and customers, is the global leader in luxury shopping destinations. For more information on Bal Harbour Shops, please visit www.balharbourshops.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.