About the Company:
Orlando Family Stage, one of Central Florida’s oldest arts groups, is the State of Florida’s only professional Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA), and the eighth iteration of a company founded in 1926. Each year, we reach over 100,000 individuals in our three-theatre facility and in the community through our season of professional productions, camps and classes, and innovative educational and community engagement programming. We work closely with the University of Central Florida in many different capacities – most notably, hosting the Master of Fine Arts program in Theatre for Young Audiences.
We believe the work of theatre is fostering empathy and sharing stories representing many voices, including those voices that have been marginalized in contemporary America. To that end, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion on our staff (full time, part time, and seasonal) and our Board of Directors. We continuously strive to build and maintain a team that reflects and represents the diverse community we serve.
The Social Media Manager (full-time, year-round) is directly involved in maintaining and enhancing Orlando Family Stage’s image and reputation on social media and is highly instrumental in the creation of content to be shared across social media platforms. This includes collaborating with a third-party agency to align paid and organic content, and creating and managing content to support programmatic and brand-level campaigns throughout the year. The Social Media Manager reports directly to the Sr. Creative Director, Brand & Marketing.
This is a hybrid role with flexible office hours in Central Florida.
Individual Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok accounts
• Manage, develop, and oversee social media strategy, content and calendar (daily/monthly)
• Monitor DMs and comments; respond to inboard social media traffic
• Find and engage new potential patrons and social partners
• Generate month reports with social analytics and trends to track growth
• Measure and track ROI on paid content
• Increase social media following
• Curate content for organic social posts
• Coordinate across departments to obtain and manage content
• Design ads and posts using branded assets
• Write captions and related copy
• Maintain brand standards
• Additional duties and special projects as assigned
• Previous experience in social media and marketing required
• Previous experience in graphic design and familiarity working with brand standards required
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign) required
• Proven track record of successfully maintaining social media sites
• Strong portfolio of work, including brand-level campaigns
• Demonstrated creativity and attention to detail while managing multiple projects
• Thorough knowledge of social platforms and corresponding latest best practices
• Command of back-end management and tools such as Meta Business Manager, Instagram Professional Dashboards, Linktree, Bitly, etc.
• Strong knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google analytics
• Experience with copywriting for social media, basic photography, and video editing
• Experience in the arts and entertainment industry is preferred
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
Compensation and Benefits:
At Orlando Family Stage, we work hard to provide competitive compensation and benefits to our employees. Our salaries are enhanced with valuable benefits, including health insurance, retirement plan with matching, and paid time off.
• Starting Salary for this position: (Tier 4 – Manager) $40,000 annually or $19.23 per hour
• Health Insurance Package
• Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
• IRA Retirement plan – Orlando Family Stage matches up to 3%
• Optional Short term disability, Vision, Dental plans
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Social Media Manager Application 2023 by August 14, 2023.