Your job isn’t just about filing papers and answering phones. Instead, we want you to build an experience that is memorable and unique! The Human Resources Coordinator is skilled in a variety of HR functions with responsibility for achieving compliance goals. You are empowered to move about your space and do what needs to be done. Whether handling employees’ requests and/or needs, you’re constantly thinking of ways to improve the employee experience. The Human Resources Coordinator works collaboratively with all the departments of the hotel and makes sure the HR processes in the hotel help create a fair and caring environment.Responsibilities
- Assist and support management and the leadership team with handling and resolving Human Resources issues.
- Assist employees with internal and external transfer requests and procedures.
- Monitor and assist managers/supervisors with hiring processes and issues.
- Coordinate and conduct applicant drug screens, background checks, motor vehicle checks (if applicable), and E-Verify.
- Maintain applicant flow, onboarding, orientation and transfer request logs.
- Create and maintain new hire and personnel files and enter them into Human Resources Information Systems.
- Assist with orientation of new employees.
- Monitor all hiring and recruitment processes for compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and company policies and standards.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview documents, I-9's). Support processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the departments.
- Create and maintain filing systems.
- Generate Human Resources data reports as necessary.
- Assist the HR department with HR related functions and employee relations programs.
- Serve as Human Resources subject matter expert and participate on project teams.
- Train new hires on Human Resources processes, programs, policies, information systems, etc.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and employee relations cases at all times.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisor.
- US Work Authorization
- 1-2 years’ experience in the human resources function.
- 2-4 year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
Equal Opportunity Employment
It is the policy of the hotel to be fair in all of its relations with its associates and applicants for employment, and to make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status, sickle cell trait/testing, or DNA analysis, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer and all other personnel actions and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, layoffs, and reinstatements, leaves of absence, disciplinary measures, and termination. Decisions regarding employment and promotion will be based solely upon valid job-related factors.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.