The solar industry is one of the fastest growing job sectors in the United States today. As the U.S. rapidly moves towards a clean energy economy, ESA Solar is proud to be one of the leading solar energy companies helping to build a better future. As one of the top 100 solar developers nationwide, our team is comprised of passionate, driven individuals that are the best in the industry.
ESA provides a full scope of services to our clients from energy consulting and design to construction and maintenance. Our services support leading private companies, utilities, and local governments in achieving their renewable energy goals.
We believe in a culture of teamwork and collaboration to collectively achieve our goals. Our employees are the foundation of our brand and reputation, so we are searching for innovative thinkers, risk takers, and visionaries to join our dynamic team. Be a part of changing the future of energy, with a people forward company that believes in your success.
The Human Resources Generalist specializing in payroll, benefits administration, workers compensation, and other administrative tasks will be responsible for managing and overseeing various HR functions.
Key responsibilities include accurate and timely processing of payroll for all employees, ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations, administering employee benefits programs, such as health insurance, retirement plans, and leave policies. This role will also involve managing workers compensation claims, including coordinating with insurance providers and maintaining proper records.
The HR Generalist will handle administrative tasks related to employee onboarding, offboarding, and maintaining personnel records. They will also assist in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures that align with the organization's goals and comply with legal requirements.
As the solar industry is experiencing rapid growth, the HR Generalist should be adaptable and have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. This position requires strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and an understanding of payroll and benefits administration processes. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential for effectively interacting with employees, management, and external stakeholders.
Overall, the HR Generalist in the solar industry plays a crucial role in ensuring smooth HR operations, supporting employee well-being, and contributing to the organization's success in the renewable energy sector.
• Act as educational resource for employee benefits questions and advisement
• Coordinate daily benefits processing including new hire enrollment, qualifying life events, open enrollment, COBRA, and termination of benefits
• Plan open enrollment set up, enrollment dates, and rollout of benefit changes
• Coordinate annual coverage contracts with insurance providers; post annual benefits summaries
• Post benefits changes and new rates for benefit continuation with terminated employees.
• Process monthly billings reconciliations for all benefit plans including health, dental, vision, and supplemental offerings
• Documents and maintains administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes
• Perform provider audits to ensure data integrity and reconcile discrepancies
• Create and delivers presentations on benefits and compensation programs and policies
• Administer and handle all enrollment and reporting requirements for the 401K retirement plan
• Calculate monthly premiums and verify annual invoices for Worker’s Compensation
• Submit data for annual payroll and claims audits
• Submit annual Workers Compensation activity report to OSHA
• Submit annual application and data for continued drug free policy credit
• Maintain updated employee driver’s list for insurance coverage annually
• Secure and post required federal state and federal labor law posters
• Secure resources for safety updates and training
• Coordinate open Worker’s Compensation claims regarding injuries and return to work process
• Apply for State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) when hiring an employee in another state
• Collaborate with ADP on RT6’s and 941 quarterly and annual state filing tax requirements
• Respond to state inquiries on tax rate changes, late notices, billing inquiries, etc.
• Secure workers compensation insurance for out of state employees
• Process unemployment claims
• Develop and maintain the employee handbook in compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
• Review handbook procedures and best practices with employees and managers to ensure continued compliance
• Coordinate the development of policies and procedures to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the Company
• Process new employee information into the ADP system for pay, benefits enrollment, and create employment profiles
• Verify new employee eligibility for employment through I-9 E-Verify federal government system
• Meet with eligible new employees to review benefits options and coverage details
• Provide support to employees with HRIS issues, such as login, processing PTO requests, etc.
• Coordinate employee performance reviews with managers and employees
• Create new employee agreements and amendments to employment agreements
• Create new hire and open enrollment employee benefit communications presentations.
• Collaborate with People Operations Manager in transition to electronic performance review planning, execution, and tracking
• Maintain communication sites for upcoming holidays and benefits changes
• Perform daily HRIS payroll functions ensuring timely and accurate processing.
• Process bi-weekly bonuses, holiday, PTO, pay adjustments, overtime,
• Coordinate with accounting and management to process commissions for intercompany payroll accounts for full time and part time employees, and 1099 Contractors
• Enroll and terminate employees in the payroll system
• Approve time cards for hourly employees; correct missed or incorrect clock punches
• Assists with employee inquiries such as pay discrepancies; process off cycle adjustments, if required
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Business Management or related field
• At least two (2) years of directly related human resources experience, including experience in payroll and benefits administration.
• Knowledge of HR/payroll/benefits processes and regulations.
• Proficient with ADP Software and MS Office Suite.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize effectively and high attention to detail.
Job Type: Full Time, Hybrid
Location: Maitland, FL
• Hybrid Work Environment
• 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
• 14 Paid Holidays + Holiday Corporate Closure
• 5 Sick Days
• 2 Personal Days
• 2 Community Service Days
• National Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Plans
• Company Provided Life Insurance Plan
• 401(k) with Company Matching Plan
• Reimbursement of Training and Continuing Education
• Pet Care Reimbursement for Company Travel
• Employee Recognition and Rewards Program
• Employee Discount Program
ESA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, ESA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.