Opportunity: Director of Finance
The Marriott Palm Beach Singer Island is an exquisite beachfront resort located in the picturesque Singer Island, Florida. HHM Hotels is offering an exciting opportunity for a strong leader to join our leading hotel management company as a Director of Finance.
We are seeking a seasoned financial leader with expertise in overseeing both hotels and condo/hotel properties who will bring a wealth of knowledge and insight to our team. While working collaboratively with all stake holders you will supervise and direct the financial activities of the multifaceted property, safeguard the assets, and prepare financial reports in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
This position offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment, where you will work closely with the executive team, department heads, and other key stakeholders to achieve financial objectives and elevate the hotel's performance
Potential Career Path
Area Director of Finance–Regional Director of Finance–Corporate Director of Finance
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the hotel.
- Prepare, review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (annual, revised annual, monthly, and/or on Hersha Hospitality/owner's request).
- Ensure payroll practices meet Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Oversee contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
- Establish and audit internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associate time records.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 to 10 years of accounting experience in the hospitality industry.
- Knowledge or experience with cost allocation.
HHM Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Quarterly Bonuses and Incentives
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Technology Reimbursements
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It