Harmony Outdoor Brands is looking for Accountant to join our team in Sarasota, Florida. The ideal candidate has experience in general accounting, team player, and is a highly motivated self-starter.
We have a network of local sod farms across the United States and Canada. Our goal is to enhance and restore a sense of balance, satisfaction, and enjoyment in the lives of our customers through a better outdoor living experience.
We understand our employees are the cornerstone of our success. We are team orientated company who values our employees. We provided outstanding benefits that include 100% full paid for employee’s health insurance, dental & vison insurances, disability insurance, nine paid holidays, 401k with an employer match and generous paid time off policy.
The Accountant position will report directly to the Controller and will be responsible for the below essential duties:
• Support the daily accounting activities required to maintain the company's general ledger.
• Performs general accounting tasks including bank reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll entries, recording of revenue and expenses, etc.
• Produces and manages account payables checks.
• Records standard monthly entries in the General Ledger.
• Cash Application of customer revenues to invoices and investigate any anomalies.
• Maintain organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
• Assists other personnel in resolving financial issues.
• Monthly and yearly tax calculations and filings.
• Supports monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
• Supports the production of monthly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
• Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree Required.
• Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience of general accounting experience.
• Experience working with an automated financial management system.
• QuickBooks experience required
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook and Excel
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Strong math skills
• Great attention to detail and accuracy
• Effectively communicate in a professional manner with internal & external vendors.
• Relevant product knowledge
• Strong keyboard skills and knowledge of administration and clerical processes
• Knowledge of office administration and procedures
Harmony Outdoor Brands is a proud supporter of Veterans and Equal Rights Employer.