AMPORTS has been a leader in the global automotive service industry for over 60 years. With multiple locations in the United States and Mexico, AMPORTS is one of the largest auto processors in North America. We believe in a perpetual commitment to quality, safety, operational excellence, and customer satisfaction.
Our purpose at AMPORTS is to leverage our port and terminal infrastructure, creating capacity, value, and supply chain solutions for finished vehicles. We take pride in providing service to our customers that is matched by no other. We know how to work hard, play hard, and recognize success. We want to welcome go-getters that are motivated to focus on pooling resources, knowledge and skills to get the job done.
The Office/Accounting Manager is responsible for providing main office management services for AMPORTS, including organizing and coordinating the financial operations of A/R, A/P, maintaining office services and efficiency, supervising office staff, and maintain office records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Organize & coordinate financial operation of A/R, and A/P
· Coordinate & supervise financial reporting to Corporate Finance
· Provide analysis and commentary on P&L ‘Assist in creation of annual budget
· Ensure budget compliance
· Provide statistical analysis of customer accounts
· Design and implement office procedures for production of documents and work-flow
· Establish standards and policies
· Review and approve A/P invoices
· Liaise with other agencies, organizations and groups
· Maintain office equipment
· Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment procurement
· Supervise and direct office staff
· Assign and monitor administrative functions
· Recruit and select office staff
· Orient and train employees
· Provide on the job and other training opportunities
· Direct work
· Evaluate performance
· Coaching and discipline
· Record Maintenance
· Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
· Define procedures for record retention
· Ensure protection, security and effective transfer of files and records
· Transfer and dispose of records according to retention schedules and policies
· Collaborate with Corporate Finance in order to identify and improve processes and procedures
· Other collateral duties as assigned by the Manager(s)
5. Emotional Intelligence
This position supervises office staff.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time on-site position. Days and hours of work is primarily Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm or as deemed by the location. This position may require overtime.
Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.
Required Education and Experience
· Minimum 5 years’ progressive accounting experience including 3 years’ office supervisory experience
· Ability to use computerized systems (AS400 & NetSuite a plus), MS Office with strong excel skills
· Demonstratable supervisory/leadership ability
· Ability to work efficiently in a multi-tasking, time-sensitive, fast-paced environment
· Commitment to quality work for the company and customers.
· Strong critical thinking and problem resolution skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Certification
· B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to obtain TWIC badge
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.