We are seeking a detail-oriented, effective and experienced IT specialist to join our growing team. In this position, you will use expertise to monitor and maintain IT systems. You will focus on maximizing productivity of organizations by optimizing hardware, software, networks, messaging, cybersecurity, virtualization, mobility, backups, etc. Under supervision, you will install, configure, service, repair and maintain information technology systems in both stand-alone and client-server environments. You will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are fully operational.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss, estimate and resolve issues using remote support tools or through on-site visits
- Prepare laptops, desktops and tablet equipment for deployment to client environments; test and recommend new software solutions
- License, install, configure and test software such as Office 365, Adobe products, QuickBooks, backup software, remote control software and more
- Administer end point hardware, network devices and software components, including Active Directory, group policy, firewalls, switches, ethernet wiring, wireless equipment, printers, scanners, kiosks, virtual desktop services, and digital signage
- Track billable time, and create documentation and knowledgebase references to share with other support personnel
- Facilitate implementation, configuration, deployment, and support of systems - including but not limited to computers, security software, user accounts, email systems, wireless networks, VoIP-based systems, and video conferencing software
- Provide training to new employees and other training sessions as required
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or higher
- Industry certifications and 2+ years of experience in information technology
- Experience servicing multiple clients, or service in large support organizations is preferred; experience using ticketing or helpdesk systems is valuable
- Preference given to candidates with the following: CASP, CEH, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, Sec+, Net+, A+, Cloud+, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCDA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MTA.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple problems simultaneously
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of hardware technology and concepts
- Reliable transportation and good driving record, as you will be performing both on-site work around Tampa Bay as well as remote work for clients in Tampa and Eastern U.S.