The Accounting Manager will work directly with the Controller and be responsible for a broad base of responsibilities, with a focus on month-end & quarter-end close, GAAP accounting, and financial reporting functions.
- Responsible for reviewing current accounting policies and assessing current compliance with GAAP
- Month and quarter-end close activities
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Communicate with key internal and external business partners to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and overall pace at which transactional and other key data becomes available for use
- Collaborate with team in preparing and reviewing journal entries and reconciliations
- Serve as main liaison to outside Audit firm
- Proactively identify potential accounting issues, reading contracts and other source documents, etc.
- Develop solutions to complex accounting issues that are appropriately tailored to be effective and efficient.
- Supervise and develop junior staff
Skills & Qualifications
- Education: BS in Accounting
- 3-5 + years of full cycle accounting experience
- CPA preferred. Open to CPA candidates (in progress)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to perform independent research and prepare analyses of the impact of accounting and regulatory pronouncements on the company’s financial statements and accounting and disclosure practices.
- Current or prior supervisory experience a +
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated oral and written communication skills