Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator
Location: 7701 E Telecom Pkwy, Temple Terrace, FL (FL0321)-USA
Duration: 12+ Months
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
Linux (Red Hat / CentOS)
System administration activities for ~20k Linux & CentOS servers. This includes routine, proactive daily management of the health and stability/availability of server based assets. Activities include proactive monitoring, patch reporting and addressing fall out, security, status reports, etc. Servers supported run mission and business critical applications for Wireline, Wireless and Call Center.
Linux Clustering defining, configuring, and supporting cluster configurations Red Hat, Oracle RAC, and PaceMaker
AYS Tickets Tier 2&3 support and response, investigation, and resolution of incident records generated by monitoring automation or via user initiation. Current problem management database is AYS.
First level support for Verizon Data Services - India (VDSI) for Linux support, communication interaction via e-mails, IM's, Jabber, etc.
Change Management Following established change management AYS guidelines, execution of application team/business initiated requests, standard support team requests, and internal initiated requests. Also in scope is coordination and implementation of large scale change efforts, such as Storage Migrations.
CMD Tier 2&3 response to investigate, troubleshoot, remediate critical issues. Post CMD, any system related root cause issues are completed via the Action Record assigned as part of the Crisis Record.
Patch Management ensure proper content and patching occurs using Satellite/Capsule configurations and process
Project Management And Support For Projects To Include (but Not Limited To)
Project Management Identify projects to improve or enhance supportability of assigned servers, respond to business requests in support of external support team initiatives, automation existing processes, enhanced reporting, new technology, etc.
- Management/ Coordination of Large Scale Change Efforts
CPI-810 Security Control Requirements
- Data Center Consolidation
- Tech Refresh RHEL 5.x, 6..x, 7.x to RHEL 8 and 9
- Linux Server Patching IT Security mandates every 30 days
- Automation of Server Decommission using internal PCA process
- Automation Opportunities and Implementation
- Standard OS Recovery Process
- Standard Backup Process/Automation/Strategy
- CentOS Cluster Configuration Methodology
- RHEL to CentOS Migrations
- OEL elimination (migrate to RHEL/CentOS Migration)
- This position would assume the role of an overall Senior Technical Lead for the group of Linux SAs. Expectation is the candidate would create the direction and baseline for projects, establish appropriate timelines and deliverables, and provide regular project status to management. This position would be the Go-To person for the rest of the Linux SA team to approach on technical issues, appropriate resolution to problems, etc.
**We are an Equal Opportunity Employer**