Role: Staff Accountant
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Join a leading property insurance provider in Tampa, Florida as a Senior Staff Accountant. Contribute to a team dedicated to providing high-quality property insurance and competitive rates to homeowners in Gulf Coast states. Benefit from the experience of a management team with over 500 years of combined experience in the Homeowners Insurance market.What You Will Be Doing
Experience You Will Need
- Prepare NAIC/Regulatory STAT filings (monthly, quarterly, and annual statements).
- Handle various State and/or Regulatory Data Calls efficiently.
- Execute Excess and Surplus Lines Reporting accurately.
- Post and process journal entries for insurance operations activity.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process and reporting.
- Support the internal and external audit process.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for executive review.
- Drive process improvement and cross-functional initiatives.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Insurance Industry processes and NAIC Statutory Financial.
- Excel proficiency with pivot tables and/or macros, attention to detail, and quantitative skills are required.
- 3 to 5 years of staff accounting experience in the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Familiarity with GAAP and statutory accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Knowledge of General Ledger or Accounts Payable systems.
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to complete administrative tasks within deadlines.
- Additional skills in EAS, Biznet, Sungard, Wings/Sovos, TCP are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Business, or related field.