Department: Loan Operations
Working scheme: 100% on-site
Job Summary: Monitors the day-to-day workflow of Real Estate Loan Servicing in accordance with Bank policy and procedures and applicable laws and regulations. Supervises Loan Operations personnel by assisting with prioritization of tasks, providing training and encouraging teamwork. Maintains a good working relationship among and within departmental units. Where appropriate, ensures that appropriate remedial action is taken for departures from approved policies and operational standards.
Primary Responsibilities: include the following but is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirement efforts, skills, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload, or technological developments).
- Organizes, directs, and supervises the day-to-day activities of the Loan Operations team to achieve management directed and job-related goals.
- Provides Loan Operations team with effective instructions, guidance, and training. • Builds and maintains effective and efficient work groups and working relationships.
- Reviews all Residential and Commercial Real Estate loan documents to determine whether all critical loan documents have been received, are accurately completed and are duly executed.
- Balances and reconciles loan and mortgage related general ledger accounts and direct deposit accounts. • Prepares monthly statistic reports for the Loan Servicing staff service levels.
- Reviews various reports, statements, and records issued by Subservicer to monitor and control quality of data input – this will include but not be limited to the review of items in suspense, interest rates and interest rate adjustments, mailing addresses, borrower names, property address, insurance data, tax payments, and escrow balances.
- Establishes systematic approach for dealing with operational difficulties or delays and delays.
- Prepares reports and document copies as needed for audits.
- Assist other Bank employees with research and resolution of complex inquiries.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time on a temporary or permanent basis by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of processing standards for the funding, setting up, quality control review, and customer service functions associated with real estate mortgage loans. This includes bookkeeping entries, general ledger reconciliations and post-closing reviews.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations impacting loan operations Including RESPA, TILA, Fair Lending, USAAP, GLBA and the Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac Servicing Guides.
- Advanced PC skills required: Microsoft Office, and Encompass.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team-oriented environment, with individual responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work without supervision and follow through on assignments.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct day-to-day activities of subordinates to achieve jobrelated goals efficiently
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years loan operations, credit/loan administration, and portfolio management experience including but not limited to residential and commercial real estate, lines of credit, loans to individuals.
- Minimum of two years experience managing other officers and loan support staff.
- Four-year degree from an accredited institution, MBA preferred.