Fantastic DIRECT HIRE opportunity!
Salary range: $24-30 an hr.
Base hours: M - F, 7am - 3:30pm + OT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance on sprinkler fire suppression systems
- Service and inspections of wet, dry and pre-action fire suppression systems
- Installs, maintains, repairs, or replaces fire sprinkler equipment and systems in strict accordance with applicable codes and standards
- Servicing of wet based fire sprinkler systems
- Interact with customers in a mature and professional manner
- Install or upgrade fire sprinklers in commercial and residential buildings
- Test and repair alarm systems already in place
- Perform inspections to ensure alarms are installed according to code
- Complete detailed inspection reports, documenting any issues and report results of work completed in an accurate, timely manner
- Protect and maintain company equipment.
- Inspect and maintain the truck and all related equipment, putting in repair requests as necessary to maintain safe operation.
- Operate warehouse equipment, including vehicles, in a way that facilitates the loading and unloading of the truck while observing all safety regulations and manufacturer’s safety instructions for that equipment.
- Work in a safe manner as outlined by company safety procedures including driver safety and personal protective equipment.
- Respond to emergency service calls
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace
- Ability to follow direction and work independently when needed.
- Perform other duties assigned by management.
- At least 5 years of experience with fire sprinkler systems preferred
- Experience with commercial and residential systems
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Must have a clean driving record and reliable transportation to/from the office or job site.
- Must be flexible with scheduling requirements that occasionally will require evening, weekend and/or out-of-town assignments.
- Requires the ability to display knowledge of principles and practices of fire safety.
- Requires the ability to display knowledge of codes and regulations related to the work.
- Requires the ability to display knowledge of basic practices of reviewing official documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Requires the ability to act in a lead capacity.
- Requires the ability to recognize and report deviations through inspection programs.
- Requires the ability to interpret, apply, and explain applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Requires the ability to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Requires the ability to use or repair small/light equipment, such as power tools, ladders, medium equipment and machinery
This position offers full benefits including PTO, Medical, Dental, 401k, company vehicle, and gas card!