As a bilingual HR Generalist in our production/distribution company, you will play a vital role in supporting the HR department and ensuring smooth operations of various HR functions. This role requires a strong understanding of recruiting, benefits administration, payroll, and employee relations. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and be responsible for managing multiple tasks simultaneously. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
1. Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Coordinate full-cycle recruitment activities, including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and selecting candidates for various positions within the company.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and develop effective recruitment strategies.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new hires, ensuring a positive and seamless transition into the organization.
2. Benefits Administration:
- Administer employee benefit programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other employee perks.
- Serve as a point of contact for employees regarding benefit-related inquiries, assisting with enrollment, claims, and issue resolution.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in benefit regulations and communicate updates to employees as necessary.
3. Payroll and HRIS Management:
- Oversee payroll processing, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Maintain and update employee records in the HRIS system, including personal information, job details, and compensation.
- Generate reports and analyze HR data to support decision-making and identify trends or areas for improvement.
4. Employee Relations:
- Act as a trusted advisor to employees and managers, providing guidance on HR policies, procedures, and conflict resolution.
- Manage employee relations matters, including investigations, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement plans.
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze feedback to identify opportunities for enhancing employee engagement and retention.
5. HR Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations, such as FMLA, ADA, EEOC, and wage and hour laws.
- Assist in developing and implementing HR policies, procedures, and employee handbooks.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and recommend improvements to enhance HR processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an HR Generalist, preferably in a production/distribution company.
- Strong knowledge of recruiting techniques, benefits administration, payroll processing, and employee relations.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems and proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality and build relationships.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Professional HR certification (e.g., PHR, SHRM-CP) is a plus.
Note: This job description is a general overview and may be subject to change based on company needs and priorities.