The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for implementing workflow procedures based on direction from the company’s General Manager. Their duties include supervising employees during day-to-day tasks, providing customer support in escalated situations, and managing the overall workflow of a workplace.Supervisory Responsibilities
- Trains qualified candidates for entry-level roles.
- Assists in the oversight of the day-to-day workflow of the branch.
- Maintains and motivates a team through transparent communication, incentives, and passion.
- Supports, models, and enhances seamless customer experience by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable for customers and co-workers.
- Implements the commercial practices and processes established in the companies’ CRM.
- Trains the team members in product, processes, systems, and commercial practices and ensures a high standard of development and performance.
- Maintains inventory integrity by supervising the cycle count and inventory counting processes.
- Ensures inventory data is correct by performing spot inventory counts and checks.
- Addresses customer needs and resolves issues, ensuring positive and long-term customer relationships.
- Directs/supervises truck appointments, communicates scheduling and manages scheduling issues.
- Ensures showroom presentation standards are achieved and maintained.
- Provides internal feedback and process improvement recommendations regarding systems and workflow, ensuring exceptional customer experiences.
- Addresses and documents unsatisfactory performance and policy violations of team members through administration of disciplinary action and performance counseling in conjunction with Branch Manager.
- Other duties as requested by the Branch Manager.
Education And Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure and deadlines; ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent customer service abilities.
- Thorough understanding of company policies and practices.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field highly preferred, but less formal education with more on-the-job experience may be substituted.
- At least two years of retail experience in a similar industry is highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.