Staff Accountant - Starting Salary $60K to $70K
5191 First Coast Tech Parkway, 3rd Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32224.Staff Accountant Job Summary
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to maintain our financial records. You must be familiar with full cycle accounting and understand all the processes and documents necessary to produce financial statements for a reporting period. Other job duties include reconciling bank and credit card statements, tracking fixed assets, assisting with payroll related duties.Essential Job Duties For Staff Accountant
Competency Assessment Standards
- Performs Weekly/monthly reconciliation of multiple bank accounts for multiple entities.
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations and verifies the accuracy of data
- Creates and maintains balance sheet schedules for multiple entities.
- Facilitates and completes month-end closing checklist procedures.
- Prepares monthly physician earnings calculations and payment statements.
- Assists CFO and Accounting Manager with annual external financial reviews and audits.; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform an annual audit.
- Assists with compiling 1099 data and issuing of 1099s.
- Coordinates with CFO to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Prepares special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Advises best practices and optimizations throughout accounting processes.
- Collaborates with finance personnel to formulate approaches for creating more-accurate financial records and models for the company.
- Implements feedback and changes whenever possible to consistently improve processes.
- Assists Accounting Manager with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Assists with other miscellaneous finance projects as requested.
- Assists other finance & accounting department members as needed.
- An absence, ability to cover for all other finance & accounting team members.
- A successful candidate will have strong planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, and analytical skills. The candidate will possess strong accounting and accounting system skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
About Jax Spine And Pain Centers
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Experience in Microsoft products is necessary. Advanced Excel Knowledge
- QuickBooks experience.
ABOUT OUR PRACTICE We are proud to be the leading providers of progressive interventional pain relief. Our team of board-certified physicians and medical staff are highly trained in all areas of diagnosis, treatment, and patient care. LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN THE MEDICAL FIELD? Apply today and have the potential to join Northeast Florida’s Leading Interventional Pain Management Specialists. At Jax Spine & Pain Centers, we provide our patients with superior solutions to treat acute and chronic pain. Now serving multiple locations, our board certified physician’s along with our professional staff value hands-on compassionate care, from the consultation through treatment. Please see the list below for our current openings. We seek qualified, highly energized and self-motivated individuals who respect the essence of time and appreciate the value of a smile. We are always accepting resumes for the following positions: Medical assistants DME technicians Medical billing/AR specialists Call center customer service representatives.