Azamara is a global premium cruise line that inspires curious and passionate travelers to spend more time exploring the world with us on our immersive cruises. We offer our guests a world-class experience onboard and while visiting destinations around the world.
Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our growing organization. Azamara offers a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR AZAMARA
- Be part of a growing and transformative company
- Enjoy a flexible schedule
- Work with a multicultural, global team of inspired professionals who believe in:
- CURIOSITY that makes us more open-minded, empathetic, better problem solvers, and more self-aware.
- SUSTAINABILITY that supports a world where blue meets green.
- INTEGRITY that drives us to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- ACCOUNTABILITY that supports empowerment and ownership for results.
- PASSION – it’s part of DNA!
WHO YOU ARE
- Engaging, and friendly; a natural relationship builder and organizer.
- You have a good grasp of time management.
- You love what Azamara is about and feel energized talking about our organization and what it has to offer.
- You’re the one knocking on your supervisor’s (virtual) door rather than waiting for help.
- You are a good communicator and a great listener.
- You have a knack for coming up with creative solutions to challenging problems.
- You thrive in a flexible work environment and value the support and companionship that comes from being part of a high-performing team.
- You will have the ability to learn new systems and processes
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Azamara is offering an internship to a current law student who wishes to develop their knowledge of the cruise industry. The candidate will get a realistic picture of what it is like to be an in-house corporate associate for a boutique cruise line. The candidate will work on a wide variety of legal tasks including, but not limited to conducting research (e.g., international tax implications, customs, cabotage, etc.), reviewing contracts (e.g., Non-Disclosure Agreements, Commercial Agreements, Vendor Agreements, etc.), drafting work product (e.g., personal injury referrals, letters, emails, etc.) and learning about the mechanics of working as a junior staff associate.
- Prepare and edit legal documents for executive review and consideration.
- Review, organize, and interpret factual and technical information.
- Assist the Law Department in the creation and execution of company-wide trainings.
- Draft basic fact investigations and recommendations regarding cruise passenger complaints (e.g., personal injury lawsuits, arbitration defenses, and pre-trial settlement negotiations).
- Participate in conference calls and meetings when relevant to the position and/or assigned projects.
- General administrative assistance to include scanning, organizing, proofreading, and updating Law Department database (i.e., DocuSign).
What we are looking for:
- Current 2L-3L law student.
- Ability to handle demanding responsibilities in a high-volume environment.
- The ability to function calmly under pressure and set priorities among multiple assignments.
- Interest and basic understanding of hospitality, marketing, taxes, customs, and Environmental Law.
- Proficient in Tort Law and Contracts Law.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team (including remote staff) and to maintain confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, etc.).
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and DocuSign (for Case Management).