We are working with a client that has an immediate need for an HR Generalist at their office located on the north side of metro Orlando, position details as follows:
The Human Resource Generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: Employee Relations, Recruitment, Management Coaching, Training and Development, Employment, Affirmative Action and Employment Equity program, Benefits Management, Payroll Management, and Legal Compliance. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The HR Generalist must be self-driven, versatile, sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Partners with Plant Manager on decisions related to personnel including confidential and sensitive matters.
- Maintains positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate sensitive matters in a direct and diplomatic fashion.
- Ensures legal compliance in all aspects of the generalist function.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains and processes Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Acts as an employee relations specialist.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems. Reports vacation, sick, personal day and holiday use to payroll and scheduling. Maintains and distributes report of same.
- Maintains employee personnel files and has excellent record keeping skills.
- Maintains, updates and distributes the employee phone list.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter).
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on three- and six-month and one- year evaluations.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases with insurance carrier to ensure timely and precise reporting.
- Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Communicate in both Spanish and English fluently
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, and if necessary, also Saturdays (as needed).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources preferred
- 5-6 years minimum experience as a Human Resources Coordinator in a manufacturing and distribution environment
- Experience recruiting light industrial positions preferred
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resource programs
- Bilingual Spanish. Ability to ready, write, and translate.