As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of our Private Equity Company, Collective Influence, you will play a critical role in managing the financial operations and driving the financial success of our organization. Your primary objective will be to provide strategic financial guidance and ensure the company's financial health, profitability, and long-term sustainability. You will oversee all financial functions, including financial planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and risk management. As a key member of the executive team, you will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and contribute to overall business strategy and growth initiatives.
The ideal candidate will come from events and entertainment sectors while having a strong passion for education. Ideally you will have experience leading multiple assets. We currently manage 16 companies in various stages on a weekly reporting basis. The CFO will have a proven track record effecting cultural transformations while supporting growth and developing a metrics driven, highly disciplined finance organization within a highly entrepreneurial environment.
This position will be an in office position M-F with on call hours during event weekends.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Develop and execute financial strategies, plans, and models to support the company's growth objectives and optimize financial performance.
- Conduct financial analysis, including revenue forecasting, expense management, and investment analysis, to identify trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Provide insights and recommendations to senior management regarding financial strategies, cost optimization, pricing, and resource allocation.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Lead the annual budgeting process, working closely with department heads to establish realistic financial targets and expense budgets.
- Prepare accurate financial forecasts, monitor actual performance against budgeted targets, and identify areas of variance.
- Analyze financial data to provide actionable insights for operational improvements and cost efficiencies.
Financial Reporting and Compliance:
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Develop and maintain robust financial controls and policies to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and accounting standards.
- Prepare financial reports for management, board meetings, and external stakeholders, providing clear and concise explanations of financial performance and trends.
Cash Flow Management and Capital Structure:
- Manage the company's cash flow, including forecasting and optimizing working capital, debt management, and liquidity planning.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate capital structure, funding sources, and financing strategies to support growth and mitigate financial risks.
- Collaborate with banking partners and financial institutions to establish and maintain strong relationships and explore financing opportunities.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate financial risks that may impact the company's operations and profitability.
- Implement and maintain effective risk management strategies, policies, and controls, ensuring compliance with insurance requirements.
- Stay updated on industry and regulatory changes related to financial risks and make necessary adjustments to internal controls and procedures.
Strategic Leadership and Collaboration:
- Act as a strategic business partner to the CEO and executive team, providing financial insights and recommendations to support decision-making and growth initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, operations, and legal, to align financial strategies with overall business objectives.
- Provide financial guidance and mentorship to the finance team, promoting a culture of continuous improvement and professional development.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; MBA or CPA qualification preferred.
- Proven experience (5-10 years) in a senior financial leadership role, preferably in the live events industry.
- In-depth knowledge of financial management principles, practices, and regulations.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide strategic recommendations.
- Proficiency in financial planning and forecasting tools and software.
- Excellent understanding of budgeting, financial reporting, and accounting standards.
- Demonstrated experience in cash flow management, capital structure, and risk management.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a finance team.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities, with a strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to overall business strategy.
- High level of integrity, ethics, and professionalism.
Collective Influence is the parent company of industry leaders in mastermind networking, small business development, and tax-free retirement education. It is changing the way small businesses perceive financial success by helping them break the bonds as financial contributors to becoming financial creators. Join our dynamic team as the Chief Financial Officer and play a vital role in driving the financial success of our company. Together, we will shape the future of financial education and empower individuals to achieve their financial goals.