Does talking to fellow boaters about cool boat improvement projects sound like an awesome way to spend the day? If so, we have the job for you! We are looking for a sales associate/project manager who will interact directly with customers on unique projects.
Responsibilities will include some traditional customer service tasks (phone calls, answering e-mails, taking orders) but will primarily involve more complex projects such as helping to design custom tackle storage units, dash panels and more.
The position requires extensive product training, basic “engineering-thinking” competency and excellent organization. It is not a position with repetitive tasks but rather one where you will face unique challenges daily that often require complex thinking.
- Assess customer needs and provide assistance and information on product features.
- Interpret customer requirements, identify engineering challenges and act as a liaison between customer and engineering
- Proactively manage customer projects to facilitate sales
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- General interest in boats & boating accessories (extensive boating experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service and complete the sale.
- Offers will take into consideration your background and related experience
- Normal work hours for this position is Mon-Fri 7am – 5pm (overtime available)
- Nights & weekends are not a normal part of our work schedule.
- Limited travel to industry trade shows may be necessary
We offer a generous selection of benefits including paid time off, a 401K plan with company contributions. We contribute heavily towards your selected medical and dental insurance and also provide life insurance coverage.