Intello Consulting is working with a major financial services company. We are helping in their search for an Accountant. See below for an overview of the responsibilities.
- The Senior Accountant participates in, as well as owns, a mix of routine and ad hoc responsibilities in the Controller's organization.
- The Senior Accountant is a part of a multidisciplinary accounting team that excels at delivering accurate and timely results by using their accounting knowledge, holding each other accountable and collaborating across the organization.
- The accounting team assists other Finance teams throughout the year, makes life better by improving processes, assists with reporting functions, participates in testing/validations for system implementations and changes, participates in year-end audit work, assists in mergers, acquisitions, or divestitures, researches accounting guidance, and prepares accounting transaction memos.
- Make an impact in the month-end close process across our multi-entity, multi-currency, global enterprise by preparing and/or posting journal entries to the general ledger accounts (internally developed software, lease accounting, transfer pricing, revenue, and other accruals), and taking ownership of the respective general ledger trial balances.
- Grow your career by learning from well-rounded, experienced leaders and have ambitions to rotate positions within the wider-Finance organization.
- Generate opportunities for process improvements, particularly automation, as well as participate in design and testing for the new processes.
- Obtain an understanding of business and Company by preparing fluctuation analysis of balance sheets and income statements for assigned legal entities.
- Ensure books and records are accurate by preparing and/or reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Support the reconciliation center of excellence by assisting with the timely resolution of open reconciling items.
- Assist external auditors with year-end audits and with the triennial internal audit.
- Contribute to overall team's performance to ensure the team meets the Company established standards for effectiveness and efficiency and reaches departmental goals and benchmarks.
- Ensure a smooth month-end close process by working across various departments i.e., Accounts Payable, Payroll/HR, Billing, Collections, Treasury and General Ledger Reconciliation teams.
- Be empowered to do things the right way by raising issues without fear, identifying control gaps, and aligning risk and control processes in day-to-day responsibilities, and monitoring and ensuring controls are functioning as intended.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent recent experience (e.g., posting GL entries, preparing account reconciliations and variance analysis, knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP))
- 4 to 7 years of progressive accounting and/or external financial reporting experience, preference given to those from multinational entities, with revenues in excess of $10 million, or from a major public accounting firm.
- Hands-on mentality, like to be the weeds, and strong attention to detail.
- Fondness towards fixing broken processes and be unafraid to challenge the norm.
- High problem solving and analytical skills, ability to connect the dots.
Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP