Margaritaville and Landshark is a warm and inviting place where people from all walks of life come together to create paradise. We offer an exciting employment experience where creating and delivering fun and escapism for our guests is the goal we seek to exceed every day. We are one of the top employers due to our competitive wages, benefits packages, and the opportunity to advance your career and be part of the team. 90% of our team members say, "I Love My Job" and 92% say they are proud to work for Margaritaville and Landshark.
Weekly Pay, Staff Member discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Fun upbeat working environment, Career Growth, 401K Matching, Paid time off, and more!
Responsible for maintaining a high degree of guest and Staff Member satisfaction while completing day-to-day operation of venue by performing the following duties:
- Responsible for leading front of house restaurant operations.
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Ensures a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation and training.
- Provides leadership that demonstrates skill and awareness to support guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for nightly cash outs and closing duties of staff members and walk through of venue.
- Accountable for the development, coaching, performance appraisals, and mentoring of Staff Members.
- Ensures accurate completion of staff member schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
- Maintains labor controls and assigns duties to Staff Members.
- Anticipates and recommends employment needs and informs Department Head.
- Assists in hiring and training of new Staff Members within department.
- Accountable for all facets of service, production, and quality controls.
- Engages with guest to ensure guest satisfaction and retention.
- Notifies Department Head of low inventory and recommends new inventory. Conducts proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all restaurant related products.
- Conducts meetings with Staff at regular intervals.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Department Heads and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
- During state or national emergency situations, managers are responsible for the continued operations of the venue. The venue must remain open in less otherwise instructed by Home Office Management or the local authorities.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- Two to three years experience in a high volume Food and Beverage environment in a supervisory capacity required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision making abilities.
- High School degree or GED required.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Health permit/food safety and Alcohol Awareness. Staff Member is required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of possession prior to first day of employment subject to local laws.
- Occasional travel for training purposes.
The characteristics described here are representative of these that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing, walking, and reaching and 10% of working time sitting.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to location. (Primarily English)
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently required to wash hands and/or wear gloves.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and guests.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas or instructions by the spoken word.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.