Seeking a highly motivated, analytical, and hard-working individual to join the Finance and Operations team for a start-up company in the Social Casino / Social gaming industry.
The accountant will be responsible for the company’s day-to-day accounting and finance operations and financial reporting obligations. This role will be dedicated to ensuring critical accounting processes are effectively, accurately, and efficiently completed to support our business and team.
This role is critical in the day-to-day operations of the company and will require a detail-oriented execution with a team-oriented and flexible mindset. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to help build a growing organization. The candidate will be working closely with the company’s executive team.
● Perform general accounting activities (bank reconciliations, book-keeping, accounts payable management journal entries and close etc. )
● Budgeting, reporting, cash flow management
● Perform revenue accounting and revenue recognition
● Build upon internal controls and processes. Implement and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
● Prepare and analyze the balance sheet, profit loss statements and other monthly/quarterly reporting
● Serving as the company’s expert for accounting matters, liaise with the company's external advisors
● Assist in general matters, new employee onboarding, tax form collection, payroll processing and end of month support
● Provide support on special requests and ad-hoc projects as necessary (audit, tax support, end of month support)
• BA/BS in Accounting or Business degree with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA qualification
• At least 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
• Experience working in a start-up or in the online gaming industry is a plus
• Must have working knowledge of GAAP and knowledge of full-cycle general ledger accounting and internal controls
• Possess problem solving, attention to detail, timeliness and analytical skills
• Ability to multitask and manage workload with minimal supervision
• Experience in MS Excel, Quickbooks, or comparable systems
• Detail-oriented and well-organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible with a can-do attitude
Please submit your resume for consideration!