The Information Technology Manager maintains functional operation of information technology equipment and systems and provides quality IT support to the city using a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, sense of urgency, and timeliness. This is a hands-on position responsible for managing the daily operations of the City of Bonita Springs Information Technology area within the Communications Department. This position further maintains the security of the City’s technology and prohibits, eliminates, and reduces threats to the information technology system(s) of the City. The position manages an I.T. contract that provides help desk and support to employees.
The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience tackling various hardware and software problems. They should be comfortable providing technology solutions to employees and working closely with third party software companies to adopt new technologies and efficiently use existing ones. This candidate should have prior experience working with information technology and understand the latest technology trends to ensure the technology in place is up to date.
Salary: : $75,800 - $113,700 annually
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
· Performs information systems management functions including administering and maintaining a variety of systems and programs for the City; plans, designs and coordinates new system upgrades. Advises of technical advancements and upgrades.
· Prepares, plans, and manages the implementation and configuration of technology equipment.
· Monitors the inventory and performance of computer and peripheral equipment; purchases new equipment including computers, telephones. Properly disposes of these assets.
· Recommends to the Communications Director standards for the purchase of desktop systems, laptops, hand-held devices, software, and peripherals at a city-wide level.
· Performs network system administration functions; installs, maintains and troubleshoots printing functionality using network printing technologies and systems.
· Develops procedures and instructions to assist employees with technology needs. Trains staff and hosts training sessions as needed to assist staff with technology needs. Performs system administration functions including monitoring or adding applications, users, and devices; maintains password security and maintains user environments free of log in problems; maintains records of all TCP/IP addresses for all network devices.
· Administers the City’s website including managing the website host and design and maintenance.
· Manages audio visual and streaming needs for Zoning, LPA and council meetings. Works with multi-media consultant in this role.
· Maintains phone systems at all sites; troubleshoots equipment problems to ensure functional operation; performs minor repairs; coordinates necessary adjustments.
· Acts as a liaison to sub-contractor handling ticket system to help resolve incidents, requests, and problems as needed; performing system backups and restoring data files; maintaining virus protections for city computers; updating software as necessary.
· Maintains a secure network environment for all city employees including maintaining firewall hardware and software for the city.
· Administers all hardware and software contracts for the City; ensures contracts are in compliance. Serves as liaison with 3rd party hardware/software vendors or consultants in support of IT services and equipment.
· Advises and monitors the Information Technology budget
· Provides to the Communications Director reports detailing departmental metrics and the status of projects.
· Attends the Technology Advisory Board meetings and acts as liaison between committee and City.
· Assumes additional responsibilities as may be determined by the Communications Director.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant field
- An equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in related field
- Experience in information technology space and solving various software and hardware problems
- Strong technical problem solving and communication skills