South Motors HONDAService is looking fora highly skilled Automotive Technician / Mechanicto maintain and repair vehicles. As an auto Technician, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and fixing issues, aiming for maximum reliability and functionality.
An excellent Technicianhas good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They are well-versed in complex mechanical and electrical vehicle systems and have exceptional problem-solving abilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform maintenance or repair work specified on a repair order
- Perform quality multipoint inspections to identify needed repairs
- Provide time and labor estimates for needed repairs
- General repair on most makes and models, brake pads and shoes, tires, alignments, steering and suspension, cooling systems, a/c, wheel bearings, and drive train
- Test and inspect vehicles after performing repairs
- Communicate directly with service advisors if any additional services are needed
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Must be able to use a computer to find and utilize technical data and service bulletins for various repairs
- Highschool diploma
- Proven experience as an auto Technician
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g., pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g., lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions to protectagainst accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc.
- Certification from a vocational school or completion of an apprenticeship is ideal.
- Able to work a six-day workweek with weekends included
Benefits and Perks
- Outstanding Compensation Plan
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations