As a Lead Systems Administration, the incumbent will be responsible for performing Systems Administration duties for the Microsoft Windows platform including Active Directory, Hyper-V, IIS, File Sharing, DFS, Linux - Redhat, Storage, and hardware technologies including Cisco servers, NetApp and various other types of storage solutions. Also shares responsibility for system support specific to a major client and their supporting applications.
Essential Job Functions For a Lead Systems Administration
- Participates in establishing systems specifications by conferring with users; analyzing user requirements, system specifications, access levels, and security requirements; designing and building systems configurations to meet user requirements.
- Perform on-site system administration including system and server support services.
- Perform routine systems maintenance, server installation, configuration, upgrades, optimization, improvements, and system backups.
- Maintain servers, network, printers, security, and systems administration support.
- Troubleshoot support for all servers Linux Redhat, Windows, IIS, data applications, security patching, backups, and Windows Group Policy, etc.
- Install, configure, and administer Microsoft scripts written in PowerShell.
- Install, configure, and maintain virtual servers with Hyper-V, and building/maintaining highly available environments.
- Provide monitoring support and reporting for critical servers as determined by IT management.
- Ensure server downtime resulting from maintenance and improvements are limited to non-production hours whenever possible.
- Perform and maintain backup of user and server data and configurations.
- Provide central user support to Windows systems in support of client SLA's and assistance in system / network administration, installation, and upgrades as needed.
- Provide documentation evidence of any and/or all work products which are deployed.
- Availability for on-call 24/7 support.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related discipline a plus
- In lieu of degree, candidate should have at a minimum Microsoft MCSE Certification or updated MS Certificate required
- Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years' experience in IT
- Minimum of five (5) to nine (9) years directly as a Windows Administrator, capable of handling a wide range of hardware and operating systems
- Minimum of two (5) years of administrator experience in an IT Enterprise organization which practiced ITIL methodologies
- Thorough training and demonstrated analytical and technical skills in installing, configuring, integrating, and administering Windows 2019 Enterprise and Linux Redhat servers
- Experience with both the hardware and software components in specifying, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining Microsoft Windows 2019 Enterprise server; e. g., File/Web servers, IIS, SQL, DNS/DHCP, Active Directory and System Center
- Experience including, but not limited to, administrative virtual machine (Hyper-V and VMWare) servers, deploying web applications, storage, and backup and restore software
- Hands-on experience supporting Highly Available (HA) environments with solutions such as clustering and network load balancer
- Experience in systems engineering design, analysis, integration, and life-cycle engineering in support of large information systems projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and communicate project tasks, status, and deadlines
- Experience with Java based applications and Opensource products such as Cloudera Hortonworks or Apache NiFi and/or the Mendix application platform.
- Working knowledge of Backup & Storage technologies like Veeam and NetApp
Experience with system monitoring products like ipswitch WhatsUpGold