When you join the Cambridge team, you are part of a skilled and talented global community that is united by a set of core values: commitment, integrity, and perseverance. Join our team and help us confront today’s most threatening and complex obstacles!
Cambridge International Systems, Inc. has a full-time Systems Administrator Advisoropportunity available based inDoral, FL Qualified candidates for this job must possess a current DoD Secret security clearance.
- Will support various system servers within the SOUTHCOM IT Enterprise. Will work with MECM/SCCM, MS Active Directory, MS Exchange (knowledge in more than one of these areas is extremely helpful for this role).
- Develop advanced technical solutions for the management of software, hardware, configurations, and architectures. Provides interpretation to systems matters that are highly complex in nature.
- Provide troubleshooting support for system hardware and software issues that are highly difficult in scope.
- May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists.
- May administer network security measures.
- Support all transmission/transport mediums (VPNs, dedicated circuits, broadband, etc.) and works with public carriers and other circuit providers to deliver network services.
- Follow designated standards and adheres to processes and policies.
- Provides configuration management support in accordance with compliance and policies and procedures, using configuration management systems to record, track, monitor, and update component configurations and configuration items and changes and account for assets.
- Develop training materials for end user training on the proper use of hardware and software.
- Develop implementation plans for basic software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Advise less experienced personnel on the monitoring and tuning of systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Advise less experienced personnel on workstation/server data integrity matters and the implementation of standard software and hardware solutions.
- Lead complex data/media recoverability following a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Use advanced techniques in hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Help to develop performance and security plan for computer systems that meet the needs of network users. Provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Recognized subject matter expert in job area typically through advanced education and work experience. Establishes operational plans. Manages large projects which will have medium to large impact on the company. Problems faced are difficult and often complex. Work performed is critical to the organization.
- Use advanced knowledge in evaluating and assessing existing network systems and planning long-term strategies.
- May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals
- Shift Work: May be required to perform after hours support for planned and unplanned outages.
- Travel: Less than 10%
- IAT level II Compliant certification (i.e. Security+ CE, SSCP etc). Full list here of IAT level II compliant certs: https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-- certifications/
- MS AZ-104 or MCSA 2016 related computing environment certifications.
- CSSP (Infrastructure Support) is preferred (i.e. CEH, etc. again refer to link above for compliant certs).
- Education Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree (relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree).
Must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- In some occasions, overnight travel may be required.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Cambridge International Systems complies with Temporary Duty Station (TDY)/Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) vaccination requirements. If this position requires OCONUS travel (listed above), Vaccine Recommendations by AOR | Health.mil lists applicable current vaccination requirements by location.
- Must be able to work in an office environment, sitting at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday.
- Work is physically comfortable; the employee has discretion about sitting, walking, standing, etc.
- May be required to travel short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Cambridge International Systems is committed to investing in our employees and their future by providing them with competitive compensation, career development opportunities, comfortable working conditions, and a comprehensive benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- 401(k) matching and immediate vesting
- Paid time off and holidays
- Generous tuition & training assistance program
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonuses
- Referral bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses
- Community involvement & outreach
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tickets at Work
Refer to a friend
If you know someone who may be interested, please share this posting. We are a growing team and there may be more opportunities like this one here at Cambridge International Systems!
MORE ABOUT US
At Cambridge, we recognize innovation and agility grow through diverse collaboration. Our team is comprised of unique individuals, and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance with the application process, please visithttps://cbridgeinc.com/accessibility/for information on how to request assistance.