Reports to: Installation Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for overseeing field installation and field personnel on the execution of large/multiple construction projects. Leads coordination with operations teams as well as the customer’s field staff. Works with the regional leadership team to define and implement Vision2030.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and vendors.
- Hire, train, evaluate, discipline and if necessary terminate field employees.
- Identify, develop, mentor and challenge employees with potential for future leadership roles.
- Assist in cost-planning activities, such as annual budgeting (overhead, small tools) or participating in project estimates.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings, other regional management meetings as assigned.
- Plan and lead quarterly Foreman meetings.
- Coordinate all project installation activities to ensure smooth, efficient workflow and achievement of quality standards, profitability.
- Perform weekly CTC review with other leaders, implement quick corrective action as required.
- Monitor labor costs, installation general condition budgets and tool budgets by project.
- Work with field employees and Project Managers to ensure quality control, timelines and cost control of labor on projects.
- Work with Lead Installers to establish day-to-day goals, develop methods, techniques, and systems to improve the performance of the Installation Department.
- Assign work to Field Installers, actively managing job crew mix per schedules and labor rates.
- Implement Zero Punch program.
- Travel as required to jobsites/vendors throughout the region.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effectively communicate and implement the Company’s safety policies and procedures committed to the Safety Promise.
- Establish an environment of “zero tolerance” for safety non-compliance and promote a positive atmosphere for safety excellence.
- Coach employees who need improvement and assign work to only those employees trained and qualified to perform the task.
- Ensure all recognized safety deficiencies are promptly corrected.
- Report all injuries and incidents to Managers and Safety Department.
- Completely and thoroughly plan work tasks.
- Preparing and lead Safety Meetings.
- Ensure field employee safety training.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Minimum Qualifications)
- Graduate of ISEC’s Field Leader Training and Core programs
- Skilled in demonstrating high emotional intelligence (self-awareness and management, social awareness and relationship management)
- Skilled in situational leadership
- Expertise in scopes beyond those listed under minimum qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 years in commercial construction
- 5 years supervising installation crews, with at least 3 of those years running jobs over $2M
- Technical expertise with as well as hands-on experience installing: ornamental metals, rough carpentry, AWW, DFH, expansion control, specialties, medical and laboratory equipment
- Practices emotional intelligence (self-awareness and management, social awareness and relationship management)
- Team player-involves necessary resources in decision-making processes
- Manages disagreement
- Champions change
- Manages and improves processes
- Effective, active listener
- Proactive, positive, problem-solver
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite; especially Excel, Word and Outlook
- Skilled technically in electronic documents, tablets and computers, blue prints and field construction software, including Bluebeam
Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. To be considered for this position, please apply on ISEC's Career Website.
For over 50 years, we’ve proudly constructed the backdrops for life’s most important events.
Quietly setting the stage, ISEC constructs functional and beautiful architectural surroundings. Our craftsmanship is there amidst the cheers of fans in hometown stadiums, framing joyful reunions in airports across the country, and surrounding parents as they welcome their newborn in expertly outfitted hospital rooms. We invest the time and commitment to deliver world-class facilities.
We got our start in 1967 providing furniture and athletic equipment, and quickly expanded into the healthcare and laboratory industries. By 1970 we extended our Colorado roots into Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. By 1990, our expertise in high-profile, mega-woodwork projects further propelled us into prominence.
Now with 9 regional offices and over 1,500 talented team members, we continue to exceed craftsmanship and business standards with a long history of excellence, sound project management skills, unwavering partnerships, financial stability, exemplary attention to detail and commitment to any project.
At ISEC, we take time to understand each client’s unique vision and provide true project ownership and accountability. As a prime trades contractor of choice, our craftsmen ensure nothing short of excellent results on every general trade, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, specialties, laboratory furniture, and medical equipment project we complete.
Our Why? We’re an employee-owned company and our core values, Commitment to Customer, Integrity, Respect, Safety, and Teamwork, run deep. Our culture is based on a dedication to excellence and providing the highest level of performance, innovation, partnership and support to our team and to our clients.
ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information on ISEC, or to review our FMLA notice, please visit our web site:www.isecinc.com.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS:In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Information to the Applicant:
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.