FrankCrum is a Top Workplace!
Frank Winston Crum Insurance (FWCI) issues Workers’ Compensation and General Liability policies by offering flexible coverage and payment options to meet the varied needs of businesses. Over the years, FWCI has grown from a single-state insurance carrier to one that is licensed in 37 states and continues to expand. In addition to regional and product line growth, FWCI has enhanced its value-added services. What has not changed though is the firm’s commitment – echoed throughout the family of companies – “always to do the right things for the right reasons!”
The Role You’ll Play to Create Success
We are excited to announce our search for a full-time Regional Underwriter! In this role, you will have the opportunity to impact the FrankCrum business everyday by to developing new and renewal workers' compensation and general liability product sales through excellent customer service by timely evaluation of individual risk and market conditions that result in a profitable and acceptable price for current and prospective clients.
- Reviews application information and other sources for complete information including verification that the exposure submitted is covered within FWCI Underwriting Guidelines.
- Develops a recommendation regarding the acceptability of a policy and the recommended price point in accordance with FWCI Underwriting Guidelines and established rating rules and regulations.
- Coordinate with internal and external representatives, agents, and their assistants to obtain missing information and clarify any inconsistencies on applications or with 3rd party information
- Reviews audit information when presented to determine what actions and/or adjustments, if any, must be made to the current and expired policies.
- Verifies whether a prospect has been previously quoted, is an existing client, or is a termed client.
- Assists in the quoting of prospective clients by analyzing the payroll and claim histories provided by previous insurance providers and payroll services if applicable.
- Responds to agent inquiries regarding risk eligibility and pricing decisions for new business, renewals and endorsements.
- Assists in reviewing selected accounts that are added to the Underwriting work queue that may require pulling updated losses, updating an LDS, reviewing Loss Control Surveys, etc. and making an appropriate recommendation for action in accordance with FWCI underwriting guidelines.
- Reviews Loss Control and Injury Reports that have been completed by the by FWCI Risk Management Department and acting or making an appropriate recommendation in accordance with FWCI underwriting guidelines.
- Works as a problem solver and solution facilitator to address agent, internal department, client, or vendor issues.
The Attributes We Seek
Keys to success in this position include a minimum of two (2) years of experience in underwriting.Workers'Compensation and Commercial General Liability experience and insurance agency background desired.Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business Administration, a related field or equivalent experience.
Our Competitive Benefits
Along with this great opportunity, FrankCrum also provides exceptional benefits from top carriers including:
- Health Insurance is $0 paycheck cost for employee’s coverage and only $150/month for family!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability and Term Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Long Term Disability and Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental insurance plans such as Accidental, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Legal Services and Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan where FrankCrum matches 100% of the first 4% the employee contributes, and the employee is immediately vested in the employer match
- Employee Assistance Program at no cost to the employee
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account funded by FrankCrum
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Education reimbursement up to $5,250 tax free per calendar year
- PTO cash out
- Tickets at Work and access to the Corporate America Family Credit Union
- Employee and client referral bonus program
- Paid volunteer time
What’s Special About FrankCrum
FrankCrum, a family-owned business-to-business entity since 1981 made of several companies: FrankCrum Corporate (a professional employer organization), FrankCrum Staffing, Frank Winston Crum Insurance Company, and the FrankCrum Insurance Agency - all based in Clearwater, Florida. This “family of employer solutions” employs approximately 400 people who serve over 4,000 clients throughout the United States. FrankCrum employees are trained to deliver high value through exceptional customer service and treat clients and coworkers like family. By living by our Brand Pillars (Integrity, Affinity, and Prosperity) employees are recognized at quarterly events for exceptional customer service and milestones in tenure.
The FrankCrum headquarters spans 14 acres and includes a cafe, subsidized for employees. Menus include made-to-order breakfast, hot lunch options and even dinners that can be ordered to-go, all at very affordable prices. The cafe also plays host to monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations, eating and costume contests, and yearly holiday parties. Through the input of its own employees, The Tampa Bay Times has recognized FrankCrum as a Top Place to Work for more than 10 years in a row! FrankCrum also supports several community efforts through Trinity Café, the Homeless Empowerment Program, and Clearwater Free Clinic!
If you want to play this role to positively impact our client’s day-to-day business, then apply now!
FrankCrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.