Vista BMWService Department is looking fora highly skilledAutomotive Technician to maintain and repair vehicles. The Auto Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and fixing issues, aiming for maximum reliability and functionality.
An excellent Technicianhas good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They are well-versed in complex mechanical or electronic systems of vehicles and have exceptional problem-solving abilities. They must also be good communicators to provide advice to customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform maintenance or repair work specified on a repair order
- Perform multipoint quality inspections to identify needed repairs
- Provide time and labor estimates for needed repairs
- General repair on most makes and models, brake pads and shoes, tires, alignments, steering and suspension, cooling systems, a/c, wheel bearings, and drivetrain
- Test and inspect vehicles after performing repairs
- Communicate directly with service advisors if any additional services are needed
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Adhere to all company policy and procedures
- Must be able to use a computer to find and utilize technical data and service bulletins for various repairs
- Proven experience as an Auto Technician
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g., pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g., lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions to protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc.
- Excellent physical condition
- A high school diploma is preferred.
- Certification from a vocational school or completion of an apprenticeship is preferred.
- Valid certification (e.g., ASE) is a definite plus.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
- Able to work a six-day work week with weekends included