Tidal Basin is looking for a qualified candidate to serve as Construction Manager for the FDEM Sheltering in Home Recovery Continuation program, also known as the SHRC program. This position will be responsible to monitor and verify the construction projects and advise the Program Manager and their Deputy of any situation that could potentially affect the progress of the works.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Perform site visits, as necessary, when any construction progress situation arises and FDEM or its authorized representative requires it, under any of the subrecipients match-eligible projects.
- Validate that the subrecipient’s match request is consistent with the project’s progress through site visits, when required by FDEM or its authorized representative.
- Prepare reports to the Project Manager, based on oversight visits of subrecipient’s match-eligible projects under FDEM’s SHRC Program.
- Lead, coordinate and supervise all the Construction Oversight Assistant’s tasks.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of construction practices and techniques, including proper applications of construction materials and methods of installation.
- Knowledge of the current Building Code and other applicable standards.
- Ability to accurately calculate construction costs adjusted to reflect costs in the locality where the construction is performed to price the value of needed work.
- Ability to meet physical exertion requirements to perform the necessary services, including long periods of standing, walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, and reaching, climbing upon ladders, and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Must have fluent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and motivation to succeed.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Teamwork oriented with the ability to work well independently.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in construction inspection or supervision.
- Experience in developing and analyzing construction schedules.
- Prior work with VOAD’s a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rising Phoenix Holdings Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.