Janel Group is seeking an Logistics and Transportation Coordinator to join our team! If you’re a high-energy, focused freight forwarding professional who wants to continue building your customs brokerage and freight-forwarding career with a customer-focused, fast-paced industry leader, we'd love to talk!
This position can be based in our Tucson, AZ orHouston, TXOffice locations.
- Preparing transportation documentation in compliance with US carrier regulations
- Proactively and aggressively resolving logistics and transportation issues with a customer-centered focus
- Daily dispatching operations such as coordinating shipping details and truck schedules, managing routes, and monitoring the vehicles
- Collaborating with the team to deliver outstanding service to our customers while leveraging opportunities to grow our business
- Data entry of client shipment detail and update of shipment milestones
- Create and monitor transportation reports in a timely manner
- Conducting rate negotiations with transportation providers and communicate to customers
- Actively communicate with customers to ensure 100% satisfaction and full visibility of shipment status
- 1+ years relevant Freight Forwarding experience
- 1+ years relevant dispatching/trucking experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of all government regulations for security and safety including U.S. export regulations
Nice to Haves:
- Customs Clearance Processes Knowledge
Don’t quite meet all of the qualifications? Apply anyway!
You’re the perfect candidate if you’re:
- A Team-player— You enjoy working with co-workers, partners, vendors, and customers
- A Communicator— your verbal and written skills are on point
- Diligent— Nothing happens by itself. Your effort makes all the difference
- Eager—You want to grow and develop alongside the company
- Customer Obsessed—"Customer-focused" doesn't quite say it. You roll up your sleeves and go the extra mile for our customers.
Janel Group provides the following:
This is a unique opportunity to build your customs brokerage and freight forwarding career inside a growing organization that has a global reach and is built around the importance of a local, personal touch. Working at Janel Group provides all team members with the opportunity to play a key role in building something great with talented, supportive colleagues in a friendly environment!
Not to mention we offer:
- A Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.)
- PTO(sick/vacation) and 10 paid company holidays
- Participation in generous station-level quarterly profit-sharing incentives
- A 401K Plan with company match
- Great culture and fun working environment
At Janel Group, we believe that the global logistics economy starts here! For over 45 years, we’ve delivered the best customer experience in the marketplace. We are building something enduring and much bigger than ourselves which is why we created an environment that encourages your growth and development. Janel knows our culture is our business and culture starts with our values: Teamwork, Hustle, Transparency, Humility, Positivity, and Long-view.
To learn more about Janel Group, visit us at https://www.janelgroup.com/
If you’re highly motivated, seeking a challenging and rewarding position, and want to be part of what we’re building at Janel Group, apply today with your resume! Bonus points for a great cover letter – or any cover letter at all!
Janel Group is an equal opportunity employer and E-Verify employer