Vista VW Pompano Beachis searching for ahighly skilled General Technician(ideally with dealership experience) to maintain andrepairvehicles. The Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and fixing issues, aiming for maximum reliability and functionality.
Our ideal candidate has good eye, handcoordination, and manual dexterity. They arewell-versed in vehicles' complex mechanical or electrical systemsand have exceptional problem-solving abilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform maintenance or repair work specified on a repair order
- Perform quality multipoint inspections to identify needed repairs
- Provide time and labor estimates for needed repairs
- General repair on most makes and models, brake pads and shoes, tires, alignments, steering and suspension, cooling systems, a/c, wheel bearings, and drivetrain
- Test and inspect vehicles after performing repairs
- Communicate directly with service advisors if any additional services are needed
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Must be able to use a computer to find and utilize technical data and service bulletins for various repairs
- Proven experience as an Auto Technician
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools (e.g., pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g., lift)
- Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protection against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals, etc.
- A high school diploma is preferred.
- Certification from a vocational school or completion of an apprenticeship is preferred
- Valid certification (e.g., ASE) is a definite plus
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
- Able to work a six-day workweek with weekends included
Benefits and Perks
- Outstanding Compensation Plan
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations
$4,000 SIGN-ON BONUS