For more than 20 years, we have provided cost-effective employee benefits and HR services, transparent pricing, and personalized, quality service to every client. We go the extra mile to develop long-term relationships and build strong partnerships with each client we serve. We help our clients focus on running—and growing—their businesses. Bonded by shared goals, we are a data-driven and results-focused company committed to solving any HR issue, big or small.
As a member of the Compliance department, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for managing all updates as they pertain to various state employment laws and regulations. This responsibility will include the daily review and dissemination of both new and updated laws and regulations with continual follow-up for clarifications and assessments with an eye on its impact to small and medium size business owners. Additionally, the incumbent will provide consulting services to our internal Human Resource Business Partners on state-specific employment law matters. Finally, as this department works closely as a team, this member will be required to provide general support in a variety of areas including special projects as needed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the review and dissemination of new and updated state laws, regulations and actions that impact employers.
• Liaison with Human Resource Business Partners on employment law compliance questions/issues.
• Liaison with Marketing Team to provide content for client newsletters, website content and client alerts.
• Provide general support to Legal and Compliance Department and assist with special projects, as needed.
• Assist with accreditations as needed.
• Assist Legal Department with corporate governance-related matters.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Human resources or employment law experience required.
• Minimum of at least five (5) years of relevant work experience.
• Paralegal certification preferred, prior experience as a Corporate Paralegal or Legal Assistant accepted.
• SHRM certification a plus.
Skills and Personal Qualifications:
• Proficient in employment law.
• Seasoned experience using Microsoft office products
• Ability to think both tactically and strategically, including high levels of self-direction
• Ability to take direction and work collaboratively
• Goal oriented and flexible
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Punctuality, reliability, and integrity a must
• Problem solver
• Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
• Positive attitude
• Results oriented
• Hands on and team oriented