Tidal Basin seeks a candidate to join the team supporting the client. The position will assist in one or more programs that provide temporary housing and temporary or permanent repairs to damaged homes in the recovery from Hurricane Ian. This position represents an exceptional opportunity to join an expert team to facilitate change and help make a lasting difference.
The objective of the Training Manager is to manage the training program requirements set by the contract, meet goals and objectives as assigned by the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, comply with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements, and adhere to all contractual or prescribed stakeholder expectations or requirements.
The Training Manager will develop and lead training sessions on a variety of topics. These topics include, but are not limited to, program overview, case management, quality assurance and quality control, prevention of fraud, waste, and abuse and ongoing operational trainings.
The Training Manager is responsible for adapting existing training materials and for creating new training materials as needed. Training methods include delivering live presentations in-person and remotely as well as recording presentations. In addition, the Training Manager is responsible for scheduling training that will be delivered by partners, ensuring that the relevant staff are in attendance and tracking all attendance in an organized manner. The Training Manager is also responsible for fielding questions from employees and evaluating feedback subsequent to trainings.
Write and deliver presentations and work effectively as part of a team to provide expert services. Specific duties may include:
- Identify and monitor training needs in the organization, and design, plan and implement training programs that adhere to program policies and procedures to fulfill those needs.
- Developing, plan, formulate, instruct, and direct all training activities on behalf of the Program.
- Organize, schedule, coordinate registration, produce materials, and track training program logistics.
- Develop and prepare training manuals, lesson plans, curriculum, outlines, audiovisual aids, training schedules and other relevant materials.
- Maintain knowledge of new methods and techniques for trainings and training
- Document employee attendance to maintain internal records.
- Incorporate feedback from training evaluations into future training materials.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant regulations and guidance.
- Ensure absolute confidentiality of work-related issues and uphold data integrity policies.
- Establish performance objectives and provide ongoing feedback.
- Write formal staff reports that are clear, concise, and easily understood.
- Present training ideas and coordinate with management and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated training expertise, particularly for adults and/or in a corporate setting
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively identify key steps to complete requested client outcomes.
- Excellent client relations and an understanding of local, state, and federal government structure
- Experience working with federal grant-funded programs
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; AND,
- 2+ years in case management, training, application processing, grant-funded or government programs or related fields
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with federally-funded housing programs a plus
Location: Southwest Florida; some travel required throughout impacted area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rising Phoenix Holdings Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.